Saturday, November 25, 2006

Two Sellout Nights - The Jungle Book Rocked!

Nov. 15th, 16th, and 17th - The fall musical was Disney's "The Jungle Book". It was amazing - and I was grateful to see it. As many of you know, I had back surgery on the 16th and was wondering if I would be able to make it. I basically had to beg the Doctor to release me on Friday. Although Amelia was in the play, I really had no idea how great it would be. After months of rehearsals after school and on the occasional Saturday, the students, teachers and parents that made this production possible came together in true musical fashion and had two sellout nights. This is of course a double edged sword, it was so great an a huge success - but sad that over 150 people were turned away. For future productions, Mr. Despain is researching the possibility of adding a fourth night of shows or adding $10,000 of upgrades to the speakers in the black box which will allow them to add more seats. Adding a fourth night is obviously more cost effective but may put a strain on the kids in the show, especially when they are performing matinees for neighboring schools. Story to be continued.

No comments: